Recent NewsNPG Program at Work - Cecil Elementary Project July 2021 Digital Newsletter Press Release - 2021 BNHA Heritage Investment Grant Winners Announced Press Release - MHAA to Invest More Than $900K in the Baltimore National Heritage Area Press Release - BNHA Supports - "SAY IT LOUD" Maryland Virtual Exhibition
Press Release: Neighborhood Placemaking Grant Winners 2021
March 09, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BNHA Neighborhood Placemaking Grant Winners Announced
Funded by the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority Block Grant Program
Baltimore, MD - March 9, 2021 - The Baltimore National Heritage Area (BNHA) is proud to announce its FY2021 Neighborhood Placemaking Grant Awards! These awards are made possible by funding from the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority Block Grant Program.
- Friends of Contee-Parago Park/Bolton Hill Community Association (Contee-Parago Park Redesign)- $5,000
- Cylburn Arboretum Friends, Inc. (Cylburn Mansion Lion Restoration & Community Engagement) - $5,000
- Penn Avenue Blacks Arts District (Technology for Black Arts Programming) - $5,000
- Central Baltimore Partnership, Inc. (Shine in the Dark: An Immersive Journey Through Station North) - $5,000
- Friends of Wyman Park Dell (Website Redesign for Increased Visitorship) - $2,000
- The Sixth Branch, Inc. (Oliver Community Tree Stewardship and Green Team Program) - $5,000
- Baltimore Community ToolBank (Removable Mural for Outdoor Classroom & LearningLab)
Shauntee Daniels, Executive Director of BNHA, says that the purpose of the Neighborhood Placemaking Grant is to “assist neighborhoods with quality of life for the residents and to make the heritage area neighborhoods more visitor-friendly and visitor ready.” Daniels continued “BNHA is committed to boosting cultural tourism in Baltimore through strategic investments in the heritage area that we can all benefit from.”
The Neighborhood Placemaking Grant program will open again in September 2021.