Recent NewsBNHA, National Park Service Elevate the Roar of the Drums, Voices of Baltimore in Remembrance of the Battle of Baltimore on Defenders’ Day BNHA, Partners Present “In Freedom’s Name: Maryland’s Black Men and Women and their Defense of Liberty” on 209th Anniversary of Defense of Baltimore August 2023 Digital Newsletter BNHA, Elected Officials to Unveil Historical Marker, Launching Countdown to ADT’s 150th Anniversary July 2023 Digital Newsletter
BBJ Recognizes Leadership of BNHA’s Executive Director
July 03, 2023
Shauntee Daniels Among BBJ’s 2023 Enterprising Women of Excellence
Shauntee Daniels, executive director of Baltimore National Heritage Area, was named one of Baltimore Business Journal’s 2023 Enterprising Women of Excellence this month. With this distinction, she joins an elite group of women executives and entrepreneurs in the Greater Baltimore region who stand out in their respective industries and community.
Daniels will be recognized and receive her award on Thursday, August 3, 2023 during the Enterprising Women Breakfast from 8:30am 10:30am at the Rita Rossi Colwell Center (formerly Columbus Center/IMET), located at 701 E Pratt Street. This year’s theme is “The Art of Taking Risks.” Daniels will also be featured in a special BBJ issue to be released on Friday, August 4, 2023.
The Baltimore Business Journal (BBJ) received over 150 nominations for women in various industries. After carefully reviewing the applications and considering the merits of each nominee, the BBJ team identified 17 dynamic women with proven track records of success.
The 2023 Enterprising Women of Excellence are courageous entrepreneurs, fearless executives, and unwavering nonprofit leaders who transform lives.
This year’s class includes the following 17 women:
- Violet Apple, CEO, Girl Scouts of Central Maryland
- Katherine Armstrong, private wealth advisor, Heritage Financial Consultants
- Stephanie Bagley, president, SCB Management Solutions Inc.
- Chenire Carter, director of community and experiences, MAG Partners
- Barb Clapp, CEO, Dwyer Workforce Development
- Sarah F. Clarke, partner, health care division, Rosen, Sapperstein & Friedlander LLC
- Shauntee Daniels, executive director, Baltimore National Heritage Area
- Diane Devaney, CEO, Devaney & Associates
- Lane Harlan, founder and owner, Clavel, W.C. Harlan, The Coral Wig, Fadensonnen restaurants
- Julia Jasken, president, McDaniel College
- Christine Madigan, interim president, Community Development, Enterprise Community Development
- Annie Milli, executive director, Live Baltimore
- Carla N. Murphy, shareholder, Baker Donelson
- Kimberly Prescott, president, Prescott HR Inc.
- Kristen Valdes, founder and CEO, b.well Connected Health
- Ali Von Paris, founder and owner, Route One Apparel
- Elizabeth Wise, president and CEO, University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health and CEO University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health
In addition to recognizing these awardees and enjoying breakfast, BBJ Editor-in-Chief Joanna Sullivan will moderate a panel discussion with some of Baltimore’s leading women about the risks they’ve undertaken to attain their success. The panelists include:
- Hilary Harp Falk, President/CEO, Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Tisha Edwards, Secretary of Appointments, State of Maryland
- Kelly Schulz, CEO, Maryland Tech Council
- Cindy Wolf, Executive Chef/Owner, Foreman Wolf
BBJ’s 2023 Enterprising Women of Excellence is sponsored by Fulton Bank, MAG Partners, Executive Alliance, and The University of Maryland System of Maryland’s Rita Rossi Colwell Center. Exhibitors include People Rise and Loyola University of Maryland.